Frequently asked questions
1. Are you insured to carry out works on my property?
2. Will the work be guaranteed?
3. Do I need a planning permission for my work?
4. How long does a typical loft conversion take?
5. How long does a typical extension take?
6. How quickly can you come and price a job?
7. Providing that the quote is acceptable, how soon can my works commence?
8. What happens if I want additional work done during the development?
9. What happens if there are hidden additional cost when developing?
10. Do you need a deposit to start works?
Yes. All our teams carry full Public Liability and Employers Insurance to the value of £10 million for all works undertaken.
Yes. Depending of the type of work undertaken we will give various lengths of guarantees.
Not all building works or changes of use need planning permission. Generally speaking, it is not required for changes to the inside or for small alterations to the outside of a property. Most residential developments can be achieved under Permitted Development, a development allowance allocated to each property by your local authority.
A typical loft conversion takes about 6 weeks
A typical extension (4m x 2m) takes about 4 weeks.
We can normally come to visit the site/property within 3 days. Depending of the size of the job we can then price it within 1-2 weeks.
Depending on the workload at the time, we can start the works within 2-4 weeks from the date of quote being accepted. Standard contract will be signed beforehand stating all the dates.
Sometimes you may find that you require additional work to be carried out such as kitchen and bathroom installations or landscaping the garden. These additional projects will be charged at an agreed rate and confirmed in writing by the Company in the form of an ‘Additional Works’ agreement.
Any extra works deemed to be necessary by your Local Authority or by us due to any hidden defects in the structure or fabric of the premises will be charged at an agreed rate and confirmed in writing by the Company in the form of an ‘Additional Works’ agreement.
Yes, depending on the size of the job we require between 20-30% at the start of works. After that the payments are staged throughout the works period (typically every fortnight).